Back to the index page  
  FAQ   Rechercher   Membres   Groupes   S’enregistrer   Profil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   Connexion 

Bienvenue sur votre forum de Scrapbooking !!!! 
Current Transformer Questions

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    CREA2MAINS Index du Forum -> LE SCRAPBOOKING -> Les techniques de base
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message

MessagePosté le: Mer 15 Nov 2017 - 09:06    Sujet du message: Current Transformer Questions Répondre en citant

I'm working on a project which in its final form will need to be connected directly to a power line between 7kv-100kv. Already know I need to use a current transformer, but after looking transformer portion of AAC's, my application is a bit different and was wondering if anyone could steer me in the right direction. Not looking for circuit designs, just knowledge.

I intend to use the current transformer to power a device which requires only 3Vdc and about 20-40ma when active, and 0ma when inactive. Device will be inactive 99.9% of the time which give me concern about it building up a crazy voltage across the secondary when it is inactive. Luckily, the other components which I intend to drive are not ICs and only 1 concerns me regarding the voltage builing up, the one component which is 1.5-3Vdc.

When the current is generated by the CT, I know there will be no guarantee what the voltage will be but obviously I will have a ton of current at my disposal.

Since I have no ground reference nor any other sources, I am rather limited in what I can do because I haven't ever dealt with a situation like this.

Old school AC/DC transforming comes into mind with some diodes, and a cap/zener to limit the voltage, but am I going to be dumping around 5 amps when not in use? I really can't have that. Don't have the room to disipate that much heat. At most, I'd like to disipate no more than 100mW.

I need to come up with a real cheap, out of the box solution for this if possible. No component that would cost more than 10-20 cents in bulk.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thank You!!!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

business consultancy services
love travelling

Visiter le site web du posteur

MessagePosté le: Mer 15 Nov 2017 - 09:06    Sujet du message: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    CREA2MAINS Index du Forum -> LE SCRAPBOOKING -> Les techniques de base Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation